DOCUMENTS NEEDED IN ORDER TO OBTAIN H-1B STATUS
Note: You may submit a copy of the documents, however, the Immigration Service and/or US Consulate has the right to request production of the original of any document submitted. Furthermore, all documents in a foreign language must be accompanied by a complete and accurate English translation.
- Copy of University Diploma. If the diploma is not from a US or Canadian University, it must be evaluated as being equivalent to at least a Baccalaureate degree from a U.S. University. The evaluation must be from an agency qualified to perform university equivalency evaluations.
- If you do not have a Bachelor’s Degree, you may obtain a statement of equivalency based upon a combination of your education and work experience. This statement of equivalency must be from an agency qualified to perform equivalencies based upon work experience and must show that you have the equivalency of a U.S. baccalaureate degree based upon a combination of your education and work experience.
- A detailed resume of your education and work experience. You must list the dates of education and employment, and your job duties must be explained in detail and be complete.
4. A copy of the US Company’s latest tax return, financial statement, or form 10K.
5. A detailed description of the job offered, including duties, requirements, salary, hours, etc.
6. The name, address, and telephone number of the company in the US that has offered you employment, together with the name of the individual in the company who will be the contact person.
- All petition forms to be signed by prospective employer.
To find a pre-screened Attorney in Los Angeles, call the 24HR Lawyer Referral Hotline 661 310 7999