6 Things You Need To Do After A Bike Accident In El Monte

Preserving Yourself And Your Bicycle Accident Claims In California

If you've been in a bicycle accident in California, it might be challenging to know what to do. Not only could you be physically injured, but you might also be facing medical bills, loss of income, and emotional challenges resulting from the accident. This is why victims of accidents in California have the right to pursue personal injury claims should their insurance companies refuse to compensate them or trivialize their injuries to reduce their compensation.

That said, everything you do right after the accident matters. Whatever actions you take could dictate how fast you recover, how much compensation you'll get, and how strong your California personal injury claim's viability is.

We advise you to refer to the following advice for what to do if you have been hurt in a bicycle accident because we are aware of how upsetting a bicycle accident can be.

el monte bicycle accident lawyer

The following activities could assist in protecting your entitlement to compensation:

1. Find A Doctor ASAP

You should immediately consult a doctor or emergency medical professional for your injuries. Medical bills and doctor's reports are essential to the evidence you'll need to prove your personal injury claim. This is, of course, in addition to protecting your health and ensuring you get the care you need for any injuries you may have had.

Remember, California Personal Injury claims are meant to compensate you for the tantamount damages you incur as a result of the accident. Therefore, you don't want any of your injuries—which can be considered evidence at this point—to heal before they're logged in a medical report.

So, if you find yourself in a bike accident in El Monte, make sure you contact 911 or send for an ambulance ASAP.

2. Talk To The Police

Even if the driver pledges to pay you out-of-pocket for the damages you've sustained, you shouldn't allow them to get away with hitting you without filing a police report.